Saffron Academy Trust (SAT) was formed in 2011 when its founder school, Saffron Walden County High School, converted to academy status.
Since then SAT has grown and, in order of joining, comprises
- Saffron Walden County High School
- Alec Hunter Academy
- Katherine Semar Infant and Junior Schools
- R A Butler Infant and Junior Schools
- Honywood School
- Beckers Green Primary School
- Helena Romanes School and Sixth Form Centre
In addition, through an extensive range of collaborative partnerships, the Trust provides support to a number of other primary and secondary schools. One key aspect of the support we provide is to deliver high quality CPD focused both on classroom practice and leadership development.
our values & Beliefs
1. That every child deserves to go to a great school
2. That we are preparing young people for life in a 21st Century world
3. That learning in our schools must inspire and lead to achievement and progress for every child
4. That learning opportunities must be broad and of the highest quality
5. That we should respect the unique character and context of the schools in our partnership, while maintaining high expectations of performance
6. That we are all learners and that we embrace evidence-based research and value teamwork
Aims of the Trust
The educational aims of SAT are to support and promote;
- Educational provision which enables pupils and young people, aged 3-19, of all abilities to fulfil their academic potential and achieve their personal best.
- A curriculum across all key stages which promotes excellence in the arts and sciences.
- Teaching and learning which is highly engaging and geared to students making excellent progress through the key stages.
- Transition between key stages (especially key stage 2 to key stage 3) which delivers outstanding continuity of learning.
- A focus on developing all professionals to deliver the highest quality of teaching to all our learners.
- Schooling which is outward looking and allows students to interact with ideas and people from around the world.
- Educational research into factors underpinning successful schools and highly effective learning.
- Involvement with the local area in a way which promotes community cohesion and cultural excellence, especially with regard to music and the arts.